Are you tired of wallpaper with floral patterns and canvases with birds no longer, please? We suggest taking a closer look at the stone wallpaper – this is a brutal and extraordinary option for courageous individuals. Having decided to decorate any room in the house with just such wallpaper, you will get an unusual and very effective interior that will surprise everyone.
Wall that looks like a stone has always been in fashion, and even it was the most fashionable decision for the interior. Demand for it was great and designers chose stone wallpaper for the interior of different rooms because its colors and stylistic could be combined with any other material, such as metal, leather, wood, stone, brick, and many other natural items. It is a rare case when you may paste chosen wallpaper in any room, usually, you choose it by general room style and meaning.
And wallpaper for a bedroom is not suitable for a kitchen. But stone wallpaper can be pasted in any room, and also be combined with another wallpaper. In such cases, tone wallpaper is used as decor. Some of them don’t need additional decoration elements or items. They look great in the bedrooms, in the corridors, living rooms, hallways, dining rooms.
The main advantages of imitation
If you want to create a great mixture of stone and other natural materials in your private room design, you could choose the 3d stone wallpaper, faux stone wallpaper or stone look wallpaper, masonry, or brick. Interestingly, sometime before people thought that wallpaper that looks like stone is simple, cheap, and not the best quality finishing material, which in such a color looks dull and clumsy from the outside.
Of course, the wide choice of stone wallpaper can prove such thoughts or change it by the quality of the wallpaper. For example, the paper version is not qualitative material, when the vinyl wallpaper is the counterpart. Modern high-quality vinyl wallpaper that looks like a stone has excellent relief and clear patterns. From some distance, it is almost impossible to distinguish them from real stone. Its texture and style make it looks like real stone and visually you always can’t distinguish where it is a real stone or vinyl wallpaper. If we consider comprehensively all the advantages of wallpaper imitation of real materials, then the following aspects can be distinguished:
- The low price of such wallpaper. Natural finishing materials cost more expensive, because of quality.
- A huge choice of stone wall wallpaper and stone patterns colors and textures will allow you to choose the appropriate option for your interior design. Among the most popular types are imitations of red, yellow, white bricks, sandstone effect wallpaper, dark and light stones, pebbles, sandstone, quartz, marble, 3d stone effect wallpaper.
- The third important point is the low weight of the alternative material, which is important for small apartments in multi-story buildings.
- The next positive factor reflects the possibility of multiple changes in the decorative coating. It will not be difficult to re-glue the wallpaper, swap them, combine them, while working with natural materials will not allow you to do this easily. If you didn’t like the final design of the room, no problem, you can change them to another one.
- Many people paste over the walls with wallpaper, because they consider this finishing material to be the most suitable for this. At the same time, each wall of the apartment retains the warmth, coziness, and comfort of the house. If we consider the decoration of the walls with stone, then here you should immediately pay attention to the fact that this is a rather cold, durable, and serious material.
Varieties of wallpaper with stone imitation
Many types of wallpapers differ in their characteristics.
Paper wallpapers are made from environmentally friendly materials. They are distinguished by their low cost and a variety of colors and patterns. There are two types of wallpaper: simplex (single layer) and duplex (double layer). They can fade in the sun and have low wear resistance compared to other models.
Vinyl wallpaper consists of two layers: the first is a paper or non-woven base, the second is foamed vinyl, which forms a textured pattern. They are not afraid of moisture, therefore they can be used in the bathroom, and the sun, which makes it possible to use them in rooms that face south. Due to the volumetric pattern, the wallpaper hides minor wall defects: cracks, small irregularities.
Non-woven wallpaper also consists of at least two layers. They are made from cellulose (70%), which is impregnated with a special binder, which gives the canvas strength, density, and wears resistance. Suitable for walls with minor defects. The wallpaper is easy to maintain, does not stretch during gluing, and does not shrink.
- Glass fiber
Glass fiber has some of the best performance characteristics among all finishing materials. They are made of glass threads, impregnated with modified starch to give the canvas a stable shape. The wallpaper is environmentally friendly, easy to clean, does not burn, does not accumulate static electricity, and does not attract dust. This is a special type of wallpaper that can be colored up to 20 times, each time changing the interior of the room.
Glass fiber is loved because it can be used in rooms with high humidity and temperature changes: in the kitchen and the bathroom.
Wall murals are a great helper in creating a super-realistic picture. You can buy a ready-made canvas with a printed pattern, or you can choose the picture you like and make a wallpaper to order.
An interior with marble wallpaper will look noble and luxurious. The canvas, of course, is not made of real marble, but simply prints an image that almost 100% conveys the realism of the stone.
A very brutal and unusual option for decorating a room. We advise you to use such wallpaper accentuated, for example, behind a sofa or bed, so as not to turn the room into a gloomy cave.
- Stone cut
A magical and delicate option that is perfect for the bedroom. The unusual texture of the stone will look even richer and more interesting if you add decorative elements with a repeating color to the interior.
- Torn stone
Wallpaper that resembles rough stone cladding is best combined with wood finishing materials such as parquet. You will get a natural tandem, which is simply necessary for styles such as rustic, eco. You can also decorate the loft-style in this way, creating the mood of the medieval era.
- Natural stones
Raw stones, as they are in nature. Wallpaper like this is a bold step but justified. See how catchy and unusual the interior looks with textured stones.
For those who love the loft-style, but cannot decide on a real brick wall, they invented wallpaper with a brick pattern. This is a great alternative to an expensive stone.
With the advent of the loft or other styles that gravitate towards industrial romance, unlined, embossed surfaces have gained immense popularity in interior design. Premises with “bare” walls have a special comfort and are a canvas for the embodiment of non-standard ideas. But it is not always possible to bring the original coverage to the fore. In such situations, you can use brickwork wallpaper to help create the desired effect.
Features of wallpaper with the brick pattern
Bricks in the interior look stylish in various decisions. But this type of finish is quite difficult to implement. The process usually takes a lot of time and options.
Fortunately, the bricks imitation wallpaper was created and successfully used in the interior by designers. It is an alternative that makes your space stylish and at the same time, you will not pay much. This simple texture of the bricks has some advantages and eliminates the disadvantages of other options.
– Glueing can be done even by a beginner in the construction business in a few days without contaminating the room being repaired;
– You can find affordable goods, and if you wish, it is easy to update the design, which cannot be said about brickwork;
– Some coatings can be washed and cleaned, breathable, but do not accumulate dust;
– Can be used to decorate lightweight structures of any shape;
– Wallpapers have a wide variety of colors and textures, allowing you to imitate different types of masonry;
– Unlike plastic panels, they have a high degree of detail and better quality.
There is a drawback to such a coating, and it lies in the simple fact – this is not real brickwork. No matter how reliably the canvas conveys every unevenness of the blocks, the artificial origin cannot be hidden even from inexperienced spectators.
This feature can be smoothed out without focusing on the wall. For this, it is recommended to use trims on one or more sides. At the same time, its color should match other shades of the room, softly shading them with a rough texture. If possible, do not direct artificial lighting at it, as it will only emphasize the “two-dimensionality” of the surface.
A versatile color that many designers love. It goes well with other shades, will help in visually expanding the space (note for owners of small apartments), and will be an excellent backdrop for contrasting decor and furnishings.
The warm natural color will help in creating eco, country styles. For a more picturesque interior, add fluffy textiles, live plants, and unusual decor items. Use in combination with pastel colors (beige, white, sand).
Austere and cold color, as if created for such styles as loft, minimalism, hi-tech. It can be combined with both cold shades (great for well-lit rooms) and warm (for rooms with poor natural light).
For lovers of something sharper and brighter, these wallpapers will become a lifesaver. We do not force you to buy canvases with red stones, but we suggest you take a look at a more original and colorful version: stones framed with flowers. For such wallpaper, select neutral furniture, such as a sand sofa.
We want to present to you some types and examples of stone wallpapers in the interiors
They have a realistic design of stone patterns and add an urban effect to the interior. They can be used in any room and their unique design of texture make feel comfortable despite rough pattern.
This wallpaper looks brutal. The stone effect wallpaper makes your room of personal style and neutral colors look admirable in your interior.
They strike with rustic creativity and choice of a color palette. It is a good choice for the bedroom and living room if you want to make a space mysterious and unique visual.
Such a variety of stone wallpaper will refresh your interior and will not demand a lot of décor items. They will look perfect without additional decoration. Their neutral colors will make your room simple and unique at the same time.
This stone wallpaper will make the space deep and create an optical illusion. A lot of color ideas let to experiment with shadows that you will be wondered whenever entering the room. Also, it is a perfect choice if you have babies and children.
If you want to add industrial vibes into your interior such wallpaper varieties are for you. The random stone arrangement and additional details will help your room to become unique. The peel and stick wallpaper are suitable for any room in your house.
Neutrally colored stones and wallpaper pattern will make your room look vintage. Some rustic decor items will contribute to this vintage style idea. Also, another great choice if you have kids.
Wallpaper depicting stones has several features that must be taken into account to create a stylish and unusual interior:
- when choosing wallpaper, pay attention to the size of the room. If the room is small, large stones will look ridiculous here, creating the feeling of a cave. Moreover, such a drawing will visually reduce the space;
- the degree of illumination of the room is also important. For rooms where the sun almost does not look, it is better to choose stones of warm colors (brown, sand, beige), and where there is too much sun – cold stones (grey, white);
- do not mix several types of patterns within the same room, especially stones of small and large sizes. Better to stop at one option;
- since the wallpaper has a bright pattern with a pronounced texture, the rest of the interior must be kept in a neutral color scheme so as not to overload the composition;
- we advise you to decorate with wallpaper only one wall, creating accents, especially for small rooms;
- pay special attention to lighting fixtures that accentuate the beautiful texture of the wallpaper. For this, the wall lamps or floor lamps are suitable.