With a modern wide range of products, it is quite difficult to choose a pillow that will perfectly complement your sofa. We are simply lost in the variety of products provided by different stores. In this article, we will try to give you the maximum number of tips on choosing accent pillows for brown couch. We will show you which pillows will look great in the interior of your living room.
It is worth considering such an important thing as the different designs of sofas. The sofa can be leather or velvet, take up most of the room or quietly placed in a corner, be modern or more traditional – this list can go on for a long time, and these factors are very important. Whatever sofa you eventually choose for the interior of your living room, the choice of pillows for it can sometimes be painful, we will try to make it as easy as possible for you.
Accent Pillows For Brown Couch
Of course, you can choose to throw pillows for a brown leather couch just to match the color of the sofa, but do not forget that in this matter, the interior of the entire room plays a huge role. Your design should have unifying notes, so pillows should be selected not only according to the sofa but also with an eye to the design of the entire living room. Maybe your living room is made in a traditional style? Perhaps you were guided by the style of the mid-twentieth century? Or does your room have a rustic flavor? Are you a fan of Vikings and prefer the Scandinavian style? The choice of pillows should be in high-quality harmony with your personal preferences.
The color saturation of the room will also play an important role here. Pillows do not have to be in harmony with the color of the sofa, they can complement the style of curtains hanging nearby or match the color of walls and even decor items. This approach looks modern and stylish, so do not underestimate its importance. Examples of such pillows will also be discussed in our article.
Matching Pillows For Brown Couch
When choosing the color of pillows for the sofa, you can follow the following simple rules:
- Be neutral in this choice
- Follow the path of contrast
- Add an existing color
- Discard the option to purchase pillows.
Of course, the color of the sofa itself is more important than all that we have listed above, but this does not mean that you just pick up boring brown pillows and stop there. After all, the color of the sofa itself has a variety of shades: it can be rich chocolate, have a reddish tint with an admixture of copper, or even be a neutral beige color. Keep this in mind when you consider the examples in our article.
Decorative Pillows For Brown Leather Couch
To begin with, it is worth considering such a factor as the correct selection of colors. There is a basic theory of color in the design that already offers us ready-made combinations. Let’s focus on it and form a few simple tips.
The monochromatic palette suggests that in addition to a brown sofa of any shade, you will take pillows of the same shade. For a livelier selection, you can add orange color to the setting. Orange and red are the two main colors in the palette, which are in harmony with brown. You can liven up the interior by playing on the contrast. The three-color palette involves buying blue and green pillows so that they contrast with the brown sofa and do not confuse you too much. And there is also a four-color palette that offers you to add yellow, blue, and azure to the interior as a complement to the existing brown.
Pillows For Brown Leather Couch: Examples
- As a first example, consider choosing a neutral, calm color scheme. A light brown sofa looks great in a room with a tiled floor, next to a coffee table made of white or gray marble and the same shades of the walls. The rule of neutral shades, in this case, should be observed when choosing pillows for such a sofa. Add a special touch that will diversify the design of the surrounding environment. You can choose pillows for a brown leather sofa of the same shade, but with some special pattern that will perfectly fit into the overall atmosphere of the living room. This adds interest to the interior without disturbing the idyll of neutral shades.
- Your beautiful living room may have a light brown sofa, but you don’t want to stick to a general neutral style. Then let’s work in a different direction when choosing pillows. You can choose a blue pillow for this color scheme. They attract attention from the good side, perfectly match with your furniture and you want to lie down on them after a hard day’s work to relax and sink into the depths of light sleep. You can choose pillows of a calm beige shade with some unusual texture or unobtrusive pattern.
- Let’s talk a little bit about colorful pillows. If your living room looks modern and follows a minimalistic style, then bright orange pillows will perfectly fit into the atmosphere, complementing the brown vinyl sofa made of artificial leather. Orange color should be chosen for the lampshade so that these pillows look even more attractive. To keep the appearance clean and tidy, you can minimize the use of many bright colors in the other elements of the living room. Wall decor can also be made neutral to emphasize the overall atmosphere of minimalism.
- There is another option for a minimalistic style, but this time we will try to avoid strongly highlighted colors in the interior. Throw pillows will choose an even rectangular shape, preferably painted in a neutral khaki color, which is perfectly combined with the overall minimalism of the living room. Hang empty frames on the walls, especially above the sofa, so that the pillows and frames complement each other and create an unforgettable style.
- And the last option is for those who prefer a minimalistic style when decorating their living room. This time the entire room is strictly neutral, except for two plants in it. Everything else is made in mocha and beige colors or in a grayer format. Pillows are selected in lighter colors, so that the sofa stands out a little from the overall picture, but does not violate its atmosphere.
- You can design a simple living room in brown tones, where the sofa, armchairs, and pillows themselves will be made in this tone. All pillows will have one modest pattern, which we will also choose in brown tones. The same color will be added to the decor elements, such as a table or paintings on the wall.
- Plunge into the middle of the last century, decorating the living room in this wonderful style. Choose an attractive coffee table, put a couple of cozy armchairs and a double brown sofa that will attract the attention of guests. For this decor, choose simple square pillows that will organically complement the sofa with different shades of brown.
- Design your living room in a more familiar traditional style, but add an industrial design element to it. It can be created using a modern coffee table, a sofa on wheels, and chairs with metal handles. In this case, the pillows should be neutral colors, and you can choose absolutely any shade of brown, but there is one condition: the pillows should be chosen with the presence of geometric patterns on them.
- Let’s go to the darkened versions, but still not very dark. If your sofa has a deep coffee color, and the overall interior of the living room is more modern, then you should choose dark brown throw pillows of the same color or a delicate cream. The second option will be an excellent choice for those who want to create a light and correct contrast of color shades in the decor elements. The room should be dominated by the general palette of coffee with cream, then you will perfectly maintain the style and make your guests admire the successful solution in the design.
- But the option eclectic living room with a soft fleecy rug in the southwest style, bamboo plants, adding oriental flavor, a huge rustic coffee table, a blanket in Viking style, and various decor items that complement the overall picture. One Scandinavian-style pillow, preferably a bright white color and made of faux fur, will be enough.
- Perhaps you like luxury, and you will not refuse a chic living room with a cool leather sofa, which is so nice to sit on and from which you do not want to get up and go to do your business. Here, a minimum of small square pillows is enough to add luxury to them, choose pillows with patterns in red. They will perfectly harmonize with mahogany furniture, emphasizing the high cost of the interior.
- The living room is in a traditional style with cozy wood floors and warm fireplaces. The dark brown color of the sofa increases the masculinity of this living room, this option is intended for respectable men who appreciate high-quality decor in their living room. The chocolate brown throw pillow should not steal your attention from other items in this interior. They should not be many, they should be at a sufficient distance from each other and correspond to the general color palette of the entire room. They will bring warmth to the overall look, but at the same time will be restrained and classic.
- Bring to your living room, along with an eclectic design, a sense of the overall brightness of the room’s appearance. We will put a bright reddish-brown sofa here, and choose pillows based on comfort considerations. They should look simple, have a cream-brown color, and have cute knitted elements that add up to an intricate pattern.
- In this living room, a brown sofa gives way to a unique and beautiful coffee table made of marble and wood. Pillows on the sofa are designed for greater comfort, so their design should be in harmony not only with the sofa but also with the coffee table. The dark chocolate color of one of them is perfect for you, but others can be the same color as the sofa, creating an interesting contrast.
- If your living room is well lit and there is also a door leading directly from it to the street, then you should take a closer look at the traditional tortilla-colored velvet sofa. This is such a personal island for you in the middle of this open living room, where you want to lie down, read a book, or just take a little break in the middle of a difficult day. You can choose a few fluffy pillows in neutral colors that will add comfort and security to your personal place of rest. You can sew bench cushions with your own hands and save the family budget. You can buy a blanket for pillows, it will look very practical in such an interior.
- If you have a modern eclectic apartment, and the living room is not quite large, then add a gray-brown sofa. Two pillows will be enough for him. One should complement the color of the sofa, and the second should contrast with it, so choose it in yellow. If you still put the yellow flowers on the table in front of the sofa, then your interior will find its own unique feature.
- Set up a desert-colored sofa in your room to snuggle down while you read. It is made in an industrial style, and it is perfect for light pillows of absolutely different shades and with any patterns. These pillows will look nice in the general industrial atmosphere, despite their softness and attractiveness.
- We offer you to evaluate the option of a women’s living room, where the picture on the wall is successfully combined with a flower pillow, and on a comfortable coffee table, there is a vase with fresh flowers. The couch itself is made in the color of dark chocolate, it can be enlivened by three pillows, one fluffy in the middle and two white on the edges of the couch.
- As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, colors are not a hindrance to a sofa of brown shades. In any beautiful living room where there is a dark brown sofa, you can put dark red pillows on it, and it will be incredibly stylish. These pillows are perfect for most decor items and will blend in with the same style of patio furniture. The overall impression of the guests will be that they are in a traditional living room with a touch of light luxury.
- In a fairly bright and spacious living room, where white tones predominate, it is easy enough to pay close attention to the dark brown sofa. To add a touch of airiness to such a beautiful living room, you can even install a mirrored wall. You can use light pillows to help your eyes relax from a slightly dark brown hue. Perfectly fit into the overall picture of green sage pillows in conjunction with a single pink pillow, such patterns can be on the chairs to create a perfect harmony of color in your living room.
- Another great color option is to buy one turquoise pillow if your wall is painted in a turquoise shade. Add a brown sofa and turquoise carpet to this interior, and paint the opposite wall in chocolate color, and we have a cool design solution. Add to this interior a cream pillow that will match the color of the chair of the same or similar color. This way you will create a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere within your living room.
- You do not know what style to refer to in your living room? Combine three different styles at once: modern, industrial, and Asian. If you choose the right colors, all three styles will look organically together. Two yellow pillows are perfectly combined with chairs of a similar color, and a light brown sofa will look like a pillow with any brown-light color.
- And finally, the option without pillows at all. Brown leather sofa and so can fit into the decor of your living room. He manages to be the center of attention, even if you place a lot of beautiful flowers around.
We sincerely believe that our advice has made it clear what your living room will look like and which pillows will be perfect for your newly purchased brown sofa. Experiment, use our recommendations, and you will create comfort and style in your living room.